Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God causes all things to grow . . . .

After living in Haiti for over three years, we've finally started seeing a few results!!!! The tree in the picture below is a kowosal or in English it's a soursop. When Mike planted it, I thought it would be a nice tree and that we could give the fruit away cause I wouldn't like it. Well, the other day we received the first fruits from our trees, and they make AMAZING juice!!!!! I'm very excited about this tree and can't wait to make more juice!!


Below are some bananas in the making. They don't take nearly as long as the kowosal to produce. We've really enjoyed eating bananas and plantains from our trees. ( I'm actually not sure if this pic is a banana or a plantain!!!)


Papaya's make good milk shakes and are quite healthy for you too!!! They are not hard to grow and look kind of neat.
I'm sure everyone is confused, but going back to the title, "God causes all things to grow .. . . ."including LOVE!!!!! I"m so thankful for my husband and love him VERY much!!!


The rose can go with the love theme ;-) But actually my sis-in-law, Angela sent this to me in a suitcase, and it's still alive!!!


2 comments:

  1. He causes children to grow, too. :-) You are blessed to have the fruit...and to have it year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'd love to have a papaya shake anyday!
    Cute picture of you guys=)!

    ReplyDelete